Popularly known as one the best and most famous grilled dishes in Bacolod, Chicken Inasal is about to go on a whole new level with a little help from Chef Louise Mabulo. The lush combination of garlic, red onions, patis, calamansi, ginger and lemongrass brings out the unique Filipino flavor of this dish. It’s a delectable blend of sweet, savory and citrusy. Adding chili-sesame oil to the marinade gives it a spicy kick and a hint of nuttiness. A well-balanced taste and color grilled into perfection.
- 3 pcs. quarter cut chicken
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1pc onion
- 2 stalk ginger
- 1 tbsp lemongrass powder
- 5 tbsp atsuete seeds
- 3 tbsp unroasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tbsp patis
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup calamansi juice
- Finely mince the garlic, onion, ginger and lemon grass
- Slightly heat the unroasted sesame oil and combine with atsuete seeds to make atsuete oil.
- Strain out and discard the atsuete seeds.
- In a container or bowl combine all the ingredients with the chicken
- Marinate the chicken overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 240 deg C
- Bake the Chicken for 50 minutes or until cooked throughly
- Sprinkle black sesame seeds over rice and enjoy!